Last updated September 3, 2020
Thank you for visiting thecitybase.com, operated by CityBase Inc. Because CityBase Inc values its visitors, we only collect the minimum amount of information necessary to serve our customers. CityBase Inc will collect no personal information about you when you visit the website unless you voluntarily choose to provide that information. This Statement explains the following regarding the treatment of data collected on our website(s):
Sites covered by this Statement
This Privacy Statement covers the collection and use of data on thecitybase.com and all CityBase products.
- your name
- mailing address(es)
- e-mail address(es)
- credit card number and expiration date
- identification numbers
- login names and passwords
- public postings
- employer, and
- job title
- enter information in a voluntary online form
- perform an online service transaction
- correspond with us
We do not connect the Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect on our website.
We gather and use information in a number of ways, including the following:
Surfing We collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you visit our website. We collect this information to help run our website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our website.
Online Services We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you conduct services online, for example traffic ticket payments. We collect this information to process your request, to obtain payment when applicable, and to communicate with you about the status of your request.
Online Surveys We collect Personally Identifiable Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys. We use this information to improve our services.
Newsletters and E-mails We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you ask to receive newsletters, e-mails, and other information. We use this information to provide you the information you request.
Contact Information If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personally Identifiable Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide better service in the event you contact us again.
CityBase Inc will not rent, sell or give away any Personally Identifiable Information entered into the website to third parties for marketing or mailing list purposes. However, Your Personally Identifiable Information may be shared as required: by the Freedom of Information Act, for a third party to process the request, and otherwise by law.
Third Party Processing
CityBase Inc will send Personally Identifiable Information about you to other companies, agencies, or people when:
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested. For example, we might use a third party billing company, and we send information for billing purposes only; and
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of CityBase Inc to provide a product or service to you. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Otherwise by Law
CityBase Inc will send Personally Identifiable Information about you as required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process.
CityBase Inc seeks to ensure that your information and preferences are accurate and complete. If you have or will subscribe to a CityBase product or service, you may access and change your information by visiting the website where it was submitted or by following unsubscribe instructions from an email. All email communications from us, such as newsletters, tell you how to stop receiving them. Please follow these instructions if you no longer wish to receive the email messages.
A “cookie” is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer’s hard drive. You are sent cookies when you surf CityBase Inc, make online payments, respond to online surveys, or request information. Accepting CityBase Inc cookies does not give us access to your Personally Identifiable Information, but we can use the cookies to identify your computer. The aggregate information collected permits us to analyze traffic patterns on our website(s). This can enable us over time to provide you with a better experience on our website(s) by improving the content and making it easier to use.
CityBase Inc acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you complete online transactions on our website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology to safeguard your sensitive information while it is being sent to us. The SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
hCaptcha Anti-Bot Service
CityBase Inc believes that protecting children’s privacy online is extremely important. CityBase Inc respects national and international laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which applies in the United States. Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information and should not submit any personal information to us. This includes submitting personal information to the website as part of a user profile or personalization profile. If you are a child under the age of 13, you can use these services only if used together with your parents or guardians. Seek guidance from your parents or guardians if you are under the age of 13.
Any trademarks that appear on this website are the property of their respective owners who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by CityBase Inc. CityBase Inc respects the rights of all copyright holders, and therefore, CityBase Inc has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide CityBase Inc’s Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you have any questions or concerns about CityBase Inc’s use of your information or about this Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Privacy” in the subject line.
- A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. For example, http://www.indy.gov is the URL for the City of Indianapolis and Marion County’s home page.
- An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
This statement is effective on December 16, 2019